Learn how to make Sushi
Sushi is not only good for you, but it tastes great! The best sushi chefs in the world are happy to show others how to make sushi because of this. Here at Sensations, we give courses on how to make it. Just contact us and we can give you all the details of the next coruse. Below is a quick introduction on how exactly sushi is made:
Preparing the rice
- Be aware that special sushi (short grained ) rice should be used.
- Rice must be properly washed and cleaned prior to cooking as can be demonstrated by our sushi chef.
- Once the rice has finished cooking, it can be left off heat in the pot with the lid on for up to 15 minutes.
- Add Sushi-su (sushi vinegar ) to the rice and mix properly.
“This term refers to rolled sushi, where a filling of fish or vegetables is enclosed by vinegared rice, and wrapped in toasted nori seaweed. Main varieties include the thin hosomaki, the thicker futomaki, which comes in two ways, inside out, where the nori is on the inside, and rice on the outside and then normally (nori on outside)
Futo Maki Inside out!
- Place sheet of Nori (seaweed) on chopping board, rough side up.
- Keep your hands moist.
- Rice must be carefully and evenly spred across the nori.
- Nori is then flipped, topping added and the Futo maki is then rolled correctly.
- Sushi is an art and not something that is easy to explain online. Why no t try our sushi lessons or for those to love to eat – pop in and leave the hard work to us.
- Place smaller sheet of Nori on the sushi mat (on top of a chopping board).
- Take a ball of rice and spread evenly across the Nori.
- Don’t turn the sheet over , spread the ingredients evenly across the middle of the rice.
- Using the matt, fold over the bottom of the nori to meet the other side, leaving the flap free (With your finger, wet the flap
Using the mat , roll the hoso maki forward tightly, enabling the flat to hold the roll together.
Ever wanted to have a platter of sushi served at your party or event? Sensations is pleased to offer a sushi catering service for you.
Sensations in Marbella
Would you like to sell Sensations sushi in your restaurant or bar- With Sushi becoming so fashionable this could be exactly what you are looking for to further impress your customers, call us to find out more information.
Instead of coming down to visit our sushi restaurant, why not have the sushi delivered straight to you. You can call us or order online, we deliver throughout Nueva Andalucia and Marbella, and for larger orders, the whole of the Costa del Sol, Spain.
Sensations Sushi Bar is pleased to offer an online ordering facility for you. Click on Order Sushi Online to place your order.